I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty picky when it comes to my waffle mix. I don’t just use any old mix for my waffles; I make sure to use real, honest to goodness waffle mix to ensure that the texture is just the way I want it: crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
This easy make-ahead waffle mix makes the best quick breakfast and diy gift for breakfast lovers! Here’s how to make it.
The Best Waffle Mix in a Jar
Whenever my kids have their friends over and I make them waffles for breakfast the morning after, I always get rave reviews.
Maybe it’s the freshly squeezed orange juice, or maybe it’s my waffle mix–I’m pretty sure it’s the latter but both are fabulous together.
If you’re looking for a thoughtful diy gift idea for someone who loves to eat, definitely make this easy diy waffle mix!
How to Make Make-Ahead Waffle Mix in a Jar
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups powdered buttermilk
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Add the flour, powder milk, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into a jar.
- Print the recipe tag on card stock and cut out.
- Attach the tag to the jar.
- Decorate the jar as you wish.
To make the waffles:
- In a bowl add 2 cups of pancake mix, 1 cup of water, one large egg and 3 tablespoons of oil or melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Preheat the waffle iron and coat it generously with oil.
- Pour just enough batter to fill the bottom part, do not overfill.
- Cook the waffles until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Ask a Question