This homemade oatmeal mix is my absolute favorite for breakfast. Everytime I bring it to work everyone is always so jealous because it smells amazing and is actually good for you!
If you’re looking for a thoughtful and healthy diy gift to make for family, friends or coworkers, make them this homemade oatmeal in a jar.
Oatmeal Mix Packed with Nutrients
The secret to this oatmeal mix is it’s freshly prepared and not built to last months in a packet, so you’ll be able to taste the difference in the freshness of the ingredients right off the bat.
It’s so good, I’ve had plenty of people ask me to make for them, too. It makes the perfect DIY gift if you’re looking for something homemade to give!
How to Make the Best Make-Ahead Oatmeal Mix
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup raw pepitas
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a bowl mix the brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Layer the ingredients in the following order in a jar: oats, brown sugar mixture, pepitas, apricots, almonds.
- Print the recipe tag on card stock and cut out.
- Attach the tag to the jar.
- Decorate the jar as you wish.
To make the oatmeal:
- In a bowl add the entire jar of oatmeal mix and mix to combine.
- Pour 2/3 cup of water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of oatmeal mix.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the oats have absorbed most of the water.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve.