I absolutely love granola in all shapes, sizes and forms. I don’t care if it’s loaded with chocolate or doesn’t have any at all–I will still enjoy it immensely. I actually went through a huge granola phase at one point, so I know all about making A-plus granola that even the kids will enjoy.
Whenever I am looking to make a diy gift that is healthy, saves someone time in the kitchen and nourishes your soul, this is it!
Homemade Granola That’s So Good, It Doesn’t Taste ‘Healthy’
The true test of my cooking is always whether or not my little ones will eat it and how much of it will they eat? With this homemade granola, it never even makes it to the jar, so I can guarantee you that that’s a great sign that your little ones will enjoy it too!
As an added bonus, homemade granola makes for great gifts! Just put the granola in a small mason jar and decorate it, and you’re good to go!
How to Make The Best Homemade Granola
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 75 minutes
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup blanched almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricot
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a large bowl combine the rolled oats, almonds, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut flakes.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on a non stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 75 minutes, stirring occasionally to achieve an even color.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Stir in the dried apricot and raisins.
- Transfer the granola to a jar.
- Print the tag on card stock and cut out.
- Attach the tag to the jar and decorate the jar as you wish.