What’s in your freezer? I’m not ashamed to admit that mine is full of homemade chocolate bark because, well, why not? I much prefer homemade chocolate bark to the chocolate found in the supermarket because while it’s delicious, I’m not a fan of the long list of ingredients and all that refined sugar.
To turn this into a festive diy food gift, all you’ll need is a holiday-themed tin and some bows!
If you want to make it more christmas-y, try mixing and matching green and red colored dried fruits and nuts. It will add that extra holiday flare.
The Secret to the Best Homemade Chocolate Bark
I love adding all sorts of nuts, seeds and dried fruit to my chocolate bark. You can’t go wrong with almonds and dried cranberries, and of course don’t forget the sea salt flakes!
Another favorite combo of mine is pistachios and dried cherries. It’s probably the most christmas-themed you can make your chocolate bar and is so tasty!
Homemade Chocolate Bark Recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
- 12 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup pistachio, chopped
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp chopped apricots
- ¼ tsp sea salt flakes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each one.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly using a spatula.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds, hazelnuts, pistachio, dried cranberries, apricots and sea salt flakes over the chocolate.
- Transfer to the fridge for 2 hours hours to cool.
- Once the chocolate is completely hardened, break it into pieces.