I love a good cake like anybody else, but there is something to be said for the humble mug cake. In just 5 minutes, you can have dessert with minimal ingredients and literally no clean-up.
As an added bonus, this chocolate mug cake makes for a great gift or even as a little giveaway for your guests!
How to Make Chocolate Mug Cake Mix
If you have just a small number couple of pantry staples on hand you can make this make-ahead mug cake mix! The one ingredient that is a little less common is powdered milk, although every grocery store should carry it.
The best thing about giving mug cake mix as a gift is that you can also find a fun mug to give with the mug cake mix, which makes it so customizable and thoughtful for whoever you’re giving the make-ahead mix to.
Make-Ahead Chocolate Mug Cake Mix Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp powdered milk
- In a bowl mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and powdered milk.
- Transfer the mixture to a small ziplock bag.
- Print the recipe tag on card stock and cut out.
- Attach the tag to the bag.
To make the mug cake:
- In a microwave-safe mug place the mixture, 3 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon of oil or melted butter and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Microwave on high for 75-90 seconds or until just firm to touch and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve.